1. WHAT INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT?
If you visit cico-global.com or, we may collect two different types of information about you: personally identifiable and non-personally identifiable information.
1.1 PERSONALLY IDENTIFIABLE INFORMATION
Personally identifiable information means any information that may be used to identify you, such as your name, title, phone number, email address, or mailing address. In all circumstances, we only collect personally identifiable information if you choose to give it to us.
The information we collect is used for a variety of purposes (e.g., to register you for a conference, to respond to requests for information, and to process your job application). We make every effort to disclose clearly how information is used at the point where it is collected so you can determine whether you wish to provide the information.
Submitting voluntary information constitutes your consent to the use of the information for the stated purpose. When you click the “Submit” button on any of the Web forms found on our sites, you are indicating your voluntary consent to use of the information you submit for the purpose stated.
You may choose to provide us with personally identifiable information for four main reasons:
- If you communicate with us through the “Contact Us” link on our web sites, we may ask you for information such as your name, email address and telephone number so we can respond to your questions and comments. We also may use the information you provide to evaluate the quality of our products.
- To receive newsletters, announcements, etc. if you want to subscribe to one of our newsletters, we will need you to register and provide us with at least your email address. If you do so register, you should be aware that, if you open one of our email newsletters or announcements, we may record that event and/or any URLs you click on within the message. This helps us make sure that the newsletters and emails that we send to you are as effective as possible for you and for us.
- To access specific content – some content and activities on our site – for example, to read a white paper, make a sales enquiry, respond to a survey, or register for an event may require in addition to your email address, your name, postal address, occupation and the name of your organization. They will require you to create a membership account where we collect additional personal information about you.
- CICO operates forums, web sites and related information services to better assist its customers in using its services, discuss technical issues, and share experience and knowledge. To permit you to obtain access to these information services, to assist us in creating content that is relevant to you, and to improve your experience on our Web site, including helping you quickly find services information we collect information on your name and e-mail address, and keep track of your preferences concerning the display or location of relevant information. To apply for a job opening – you may voluntarily submit your CV in connection with a job opening at CICO that you wish to be considered for.
1.2 NON-PERSONALLY IDENTIFIABLE INFORMATION
The non-personally identifiable information we collect is typical of many web sites and is collected purely to help us to understand our web site visitors better, and to learn which sections of our site are most and least popular. This information, which cannot be traced to you, includes the type of browser and processor you are using to view the site, an IP address. We may also track the pages visited within our site. We store this information on our own secure server for a period of 6 months.
A cookie is a small text file stored by your web browser on your computer’s hard drive. Cookies allow us to provide you with a user-friendly registration and log-in process. They help us to retrieve statistical information about your visit to our site (e.g. number of visits, returning visitors, hits per page, navigation paths) and to analyze your site traffic patterns. A cookie cannot give us access to information stored on your computer or to information beyond what you provide to us.
Our cookies do not contain any personally-identifiable information.
3. DO WE USE WEB BEACONS?
CICO may also use web beacons in promotional email messages to determine whether the message was opened and acted on. We may use this information on email response to develop future promotions you may enjoy. For these purposes, some of our Web beacons are tied to your e-mail address.
Except for the email address you have previously provided, the information we collect does not identify you. To modify your privacy options, visit here.
3. HOW CAN YOU UPDATE OR REMOVE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION?
If you have registered and set up a membership account, you may change or remove your contact details at any time by following the instructions provided in the membership account pages. You can also use these pages to change your subscriptions to our mailing lists.
If you subscribe to one of our mailing lists you can unsubscribe at any time by following the instructions in the footer of the email messages that you receive. Of course, if you have registered and have a membership account, you can also unsubscribe from mailing lists by contacting us..
4. HOW DO WE PROTECT YOUR INFORMATION?
We record the personally identifiable and non-personally identifiable information described above on our own servers. We do not sell, share or rent this information to third parties and access to it is restricted to employees of CICO who have a specific, job-related need for it. Our servers are protected against unauthorized access by outsiders.
Notwithstanding the foregoing, you should be aware that the open nature of the Internet is such that data may flow over networks without security measures and may be accessed and used by people other than those for whom the data is intended. If you choose to send any electronic communications to CICO by means of the Internet, you do so at your own risk. CICO cannot guarantee that such communications will not be intercepted or changed or that they will reach the intended recipient safely.
Information protection: For site security purposes and to ensure that this service remains available to all users, this computer system employs software programs to monitor network traffic to identify unauthorized attempts to upload or change information, or otherwise cause damage. If such monitoring reveals evidence of possible abuse or criminal activity, such evidence may be provided to appropriate law enforcement officials. Unauthorized attempts to upload or change information on this server are strictly prohibited and may be punishable under the Computer Fraud and Abuse Act of 1986 and the National Information Infrastructure Protection Act or other law.
6. YOUR CONSENT
7. OPT-IN AND OPT-OUT
In jurisdictions where your consent is required at the point of collection before any sharing of your information can take place, you will be given the option to opt-in before such information is being shared, and to opt-in to the transfer of your contact information to a third party.
In other jurisdictions, we may offer you these choices at the time you give us your information, or subsequently through ‘opt-out’ mechanisms.
If you subscribe to one of our mailing lists you can unsubscribe at any time by following the instructions in the footer of the email messages that you receive. Of course, if you have registered and have a membership account, you can also unsubscribe from mailing lists by contacting us.
8. REGIONAL PRIVACY POLICIES
Different countries, states, and other entities may require specific policies to be provided, and so, will only apply to you provided you live in the jurisdiction set out in the sub-sections below.
8.1 CALIFORNIA PRIVACY RIGHTS
Beginning on January 1, 2005, California Civil Code Section 1798.83 permits customers of CICO who are California residents to request certain information regarding CICO’s disclosure of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To request such information, please contact us through the “Contact” page.
8.2 EUROPEAN ECONOMIC AREA
In respect to data transfers from the European Economic Area, to the United States or to other countries outside the European Economic Area, CICO has taken steps to provide adequate protection for such data transfers in accordance with European and national data protection legislation. For example, where CICO transfers data and between CICO and third parties located outside the European Economic Area, the relavant agreements contain adequate terms and conditions for protection for such transfers.
In transferring your information to CICO, you understand that tour name, postal address, phone number, E-mail address, VAT ID (optional), company name (optional), and information about selected services may be transferred from the vendor the IT-service provider of the vendor, to the vendor, and to the producer and licensor CICO The global agency.
9. LEGAL DISCLOSURES
Please be advised that in certain instances, it may be necessary for CICO to disclose your personal information to government officials or otherwise as required by applicable law. No personally identifiable information will be disclosed to any law enforcement agency or governmental agency except in response to:
- A subpoena, warrant or other process issued by a court of competent jurisdiction;
- A legal process having the same consequence as a court-issued request for information, in that CICO would be in breach of local law were it to refuse to provide such information, and it or its officers, executive or employees would be subject to liability for failing to honor such legal process, provided there is a legal basis to do so, or,
- Where such disclosure is necessary for CICO to enforce its legal rights pursuant to the laws of the jurisdiction from which such information was gathered, and there is a legal basis to do so.
This document was last updated on 01-01/2017.